Ever dreamed of becoming the next startup success story? Have an everyday problem in your life that you want to solve? At the MAC Hack Sprint, you will collaborate with others to turn your ideas into reality!
Our Hack Sprint is open to everyone, anywhere with any experience level! Never done a Hackathon before? No stress! This event is for you:)
There is no theme for this hackathon. We want your imaginations to run wild!
The MAC Hack Sprint will be split into two parts.
- Week 1: Learn Week We will have informative workshops and demos from our sponsors where you can develop new skills, as well as social nights where you can make new friends and share your ideas.
- Week 2: Build Week In teams of 4-6, you will develop a solution with support from industry mentors. At the end of the week, you will submit your project to our panel of industry judges and the winners will be announced at our final showcase event.
Our aim is to give students practical experience and provide networking opportunities with our industry sponsors, including SalesForce, Deloitte, Microsoft and more.
MAC Hack Sprint will run over the Winter break from 5th - 16th July (Don't worry, its not 24/7 and you can still enjoy your holiday!)
It's like a Hackathon but with a lot less stress and a lot more sleep!
See the Hack Sprint website for more info: https://monashcoding.com/hacksprint
Our hackathon is open to students from any university in Australia and will be be run virtually so you can participate from anywhere!
- Current student enrolled at any Australian University
- Do not have to be Melbourne based
All teams are required to:
- A one sentence elevator pitch describing what your project is.
- A brief 300 word description of the project, including the problem you wanted to solve, your solution, how you built it, and any challenges you ran into.
- A link to your GitHub repository (remember to make it publicly visible!)
- A 3 minute video pitch (upload it to YouTube and submit the link)
- Optionally, include any images or extra demos that will help the judges when reviewing your project.
The judges will choose the the top 5 teams to be finalists who will present a live pitch at the final showcase event on Friday afternoon of Build Week.
$2,250 in prizes
$1000 cash prize
$500 cash prize
$250 cash prize
$250 cash prize
$25 Uber Eats voucher for each member on the team
Best First Year Team
$100 cash prize
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Software Engineer at Atlassian and Founder of UNIHACK
Lead Developer at Additive Assurance
Release Train Engineer at Accenture
Principal at Deloitte Platform Engineering
Creativity and Innovation
We are looking for creative and innovative ideas! Is the idea original, realistic, and what problem is it solving?
We want to see you challenge yourself! Is the build technically interesting? Have you used frameworks and libraries relevant in today's tech industry?
Realisation and Implementation of Ideas
We want to see your solution come to life! Is your build working and is it user-friendly?
Quality of Pitch
Present your solution in an engaging and creative way! How well can you sell your idea and get us on board?